Staying hydrated during the winter months is crucial if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
There are plenty of reasons to increase your daily water intake, no matter what the season. But most importantly, your body needs water to function properly.Water helps regulate body temperature and is essential to the function of cells, tissues and organs, and can increase your metabolism and help you feel full, longer. Not into cold beverages? Hot tea or hot water with lemon will keep you cozy on a chilly winter’s day.
Several fruits and veggies have high water content: strawberries, broccoli and celery are all great sources of water.
Wintertime can also pose a special problem with low humidity which is reflected in dry skin. The drying effects of indoor heat can also leave your skin rough, cracked and itchy.
Here are some ways to combat that and if done consistently, can be effective:
- Use fragrance-free skincare products and avoid fabric softeners in your laundry.
- Steer clear of skincare products that contain alcohol and heavy perfumes which can strip away natural oils.
- Use sunscreen when possible.
- Use moisturizers without petroleum-based byproducts or heavy creams that contain synthetic oils.
- And as always, get as much sleep as you can. Lack of light during these months can play havoc with your system, so plan accordingly, and keep cool for the best bedrest during this time of the year.
Our handmade Lip Balms provide amazing hydration!